Sunday, December 22, 2013

THAT'S A WRAP

Today I took College Boy shopping;
Once we started, we went without stopping -
Free Parking! The prices were dropping.

When we got home from being all wandery
We found ourselves in quite a quandary
Of massive amounts of his laundry

That had to be washed, dried, and folded
Before the clothes stunk up and molded,
And the boy would just need to be scolded.

Not to sound snobby and cocky,
But I wanted to watch Bruins hockey.
My kid didn't bother to mock me:

He was attached to the game console,
The virtues of which he could extoll
To Santa and elves at the North Pole.

I started to wrap all the presents
But got interrupted by events.
When I stopped, paper flying was intense.

But now I'm so tired there's Cheetah,
Whose fur looks a lot like Velveeta.
(Can you tell I sip lime Margarita?)

That's my story; I'm sticking to it.
I don't believe I'll wrap right through it.
It's late so I'm going to say, "Screw it."

The End