Saturday, December 7, 2013

LET IT SNOW

The anticipation is killing me.

Or maybe that's just the lower back pain I've been afflicted with since I've spent so much time in my computer chair writing a research paper.  Either way, I'm pained.

You see, I've been watching the weather map.  It's raining now, and we've had a bit of what sounded like sleet pinging off the siding of the house.  But it's still mostly rain.

But I'm waiting.  And waiting.  And waiting for it to snow.

You can throw this right back into my face when I start complaining about the weather in February or March, when I'm in pain from shoveling or because I slipped on the ice and I've fallen -- and I can't get up. Right now, though, I'm waiting not so patiently.  I keep going over to the window, rolling open the louvers, and gazing out into the night like some kind of reverse creeper.

Nothing yet.  Nothing but occasional rain.

The weatherman says it's going to snow around 3:30 a.m. and end quickly.  I'm too tired to stay up that late, so if does snow and you're awake to see it at 4:00 a.m., don't call me.  Take creeper-like photos, but leave my slumberous self alone.

Like I said, when we're sitting in the middle of a blizzard in a month or so, feel free to remind me I awaited the white stuff.  Until then, though, just indulge me.