Monday, November 11, 2013

Today is Veterans Day. 

We had a really nice assembly at school the other day.  Well, except for the flag etiquette part, that is.  The band sounded pretty good, and they didn't once sound like Pat Metheny's "Forward March."

Most of the students on my team wore red, white, and blue in honor of the USA.  My teammate picked me up a Marines shirt at the Arny Navy Store (a true study in irony), so I changed out of my Team USA soccer jersey and into the green tee.

I'm going out today to do some stuff -- I stayed in Friday night, all of Saturday, and most of Sunday to get other important stuff out of the way to free Monday up for friend time.  But I wanted to say thanks to the veterans and to all members of the armed service.  Without you I wouldn't be able to go do stuff or speak my mind about the assembly or talk freely about good music gone bad (or bad music gone good).  I wouldn't be able to wear Marines shirts to work.

I don't believe it's enough to say "Happy Veterans Day" because I'm not happy; I'm honored.

Have an Honor-Filled Veterans Day, Everyone.