Thursday, November 7, 2013

READING BETWEEN THE LINES


RANDOM OBSERVATIONS:

*  I passed my Spanish Competency Exam.

*  All day Wednesday I thought it was Thursday.

*  I just realized that Thursday is not Friday.

*  I am seriously considering moving to a studio apartment in the sticks of New Hampshire or Maine.

*  I am seriously considering finding a job back in retail management.

*  I am seriously considering that the general public sucks less than spoiled parents.

*  I don't feel safe at work.

*  I am not fond (yet) of Pumpkin Spice Liqueur.

*  My back still hurts a dozen days after I injured it trying to turn and rise from a chair.

*  If I sneeze much more, my brains might come out.

*  It's a good day when no one pukes in my classroom.

*  It's an even better day when I don't puke in my classroom.

*  Cheez-Its are the Food of the Gods.

*  I don't feel safe at work.

*  Sharpies are the best pen ever invented.

*  My anniversary with my life insurance policy is coming up.  

*  My life insurance payments are jumping from $26 per month to $103 on the anniversary date.

*  I wasn't aware that I was giving the life insurance company such a generous anniversary gift this year.

*  My life insurance policy and I are getting a divorce.

Jericho would've been a great television show if the blond hadn't kept sniffing her fingers in every scene.

*  I don't feel safe at work.

*  The corn stalk I have wired to my front stoop is getting mighty dried out.

Can a woodchuck chuck wood?

*  Slightly creepy when former students serve me beer in a restaurant or bar.

*  Even creepier when a random kid in my study hall says he wants to come home with me for a day and be my son so he can aggravate me.  Kid, you do that at school already.

*  My own children do not aggravate me.  Much.

*  It is imperative to keep Immodium in the house just in case someone scares the shit out of me.

*  Hallmark cards are too expensive.

*  I don't feel safe at work.

*  Advent Calendars are fun even if they're cheesy.

*  My Halloween toys totally rock.

*  Today in class I got the kids to sing a Sesame Street jingle, "One of these things is not like the others.  One of these things just doesn't belong ..."

*  Admit it --You're singing, "... Can you guess which thing is not like the others before I finish my song..."

*  Sweet potato fries are the bomb.

*  Wait ... Atom is the bomb.

*  Cancel that ... Sky Bars are the bomb.

*  I don't feel safe at work.

*  The world has gone insane.

*  I wish I had a license to carry concealed.

*  I would volunteer to be a teacher who carries.

*  I have pretty sharp aim.

*  A steak knife used to cut oranges is an effective deterrent but not a good self-defense weapon.

*  Tricking an armed assailant into putting a finger into the pencil sharpener is probably not a realistic defense strategy.

*  Their advice: "When faced with an armed intruder, throw a book at him."

*   My advice: "When faced with an armed intruder, shoot his sorry ass without compunction and ask questions later."

*  A local resident near my work was arrested and charged with breaching the construction site security and performing lewd and lascivious acts.

*  We have not yet had a lock-down drill.

*  New York sharp cheddar cheese is delicious.

*  I do not feel safe at work.


*  Though he often tells Rocky he can, Bullwinkle has yet to pull a rabbit out of his hat.