Saturday, November 2, 2013

ME, AUTUMN, AND HIRAM WALKER

I bought myself a bottle of pumpkin spice liqueur.

My friends recommended it, and I felt like I should buy some since it is a seasonal thing ... and I do love pumpkin spice.  But now that I have it, I don't know what the hell to do with it.

I check out a few websites:  Pumpkin-tini drinks seem to be this week's and every week's favorite.  But there's something else, too.  I can bake with that stuff.  Rum raisin pumpkin bread?  Kahlua pumpkin pie?  I'm all over those bad boys.

The pumpkin-tini does sound good, though, with a big honkin' slice of spiced pumpkin bread or pumpkin pie.  I love pumpkin flavored stuff.

I even have a pumpkin pie scented car freshener clipped on and sticking out of the air vents on the car.  Every time I turn on the vents (heat or AC -- both are used at the same time between cold New England mornings and warm New England afternoons) it smells like a bakery inside my vehicle.

If you have any pumpkin spice liqueur recipes, send 'em on over.  I'm thinking perhaps there's a recipe for warm pumpkin liqueur sauce to spoon over vanilla ice cream.  Or maybe even a pumpkin liqueur shake.  Pumpkin liqueur cookies?  Oh ... peanut butter pumpkin liqueur cookies...with brown sugar... 

Okay, people, help me out here.  Hiram Walker and I are counting on you.