Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'M TIRED ... BUT NOT IN A LILY VON SHTUPP WAY



I try to write this blog entry three times.  First I write about how I hit the wall today and can't even function after teaching all day and having grad school after.  

The entry sucks.  I delete it.

Then I write about the douche bag in my class who writes scathing commentary to all of us while touting his own crap as Pulitzer Prize material.  It's more like Poultry Prize material, but I would certainly never write that kind of stuff on his paper when peer editing or work-shopping a piece of his writing.  I realize that it's just too mean, even if it's the truth.  I self-edit this second blog attempt, meaning I delete it.  (But I still think he's a major douche.)

So, folks, I guess that just leaves you and me here, and I'll be honest with you:  I'm damn tired.  I truly am.  I think I'm getting too old for these thirteen-hour days where I have to be (or at least act) engaged every moment except for commuting time, and even then I have to stay alert lest I cause a major accident on 114.  

I guess that brings me to the two things I wanted to tell you today.  Wait.  I just dozed off and now I cannot remember what I was going to type.  Oh, yeah:  I'm tired, and one of my classmates is a douche.  Which leads my to this:  I may not be funny today, maybe not even tomorrow, but I hope I'm at least mildly entertaining.  

Along that same thought line, just a shout-out to anyone still reading.  You people may not be funny today, either, but you're always entertaining.  In an imperfect and exhaustive world, that's better than winning the Powerball Jackpot of about a billions dollars.

Okay, not it's not.  But I did manage to type that with a straight face, just the same.