Monday, November 12, 2012

HAUL OUT THE HOLLY



Yesterday was the day when one season truly rolled into another.  

Yesterday the air conditioners were officially put back under the basement stairs and packed up for the winter.  It was sad to see them go.

Yesterday was also the day the Christmas boxes came up from the basement.  They haven't been opened yet, and the living room isn't nearly ready for decoration, but everything will be in place before the end of the week.

The way I figure it is this:  If Christmas is going to consume such a large chunk of my time and money, I need to wring every cheery moment out of it that I possibly can.  The holiday season and I are going to find a way to co-exist if it kills one or even both of us.

Merry Christmas, a little early.  Let the games begin.