Friday, April 21, 2017

SOCK(S) IT TO ME

I'm getting a little tired of not being able to find matching socks in the morning.  I've been cycling through pretty much the same four pairs of socks for months now because I can't seem to locate other socks that actually match two at a time.

Today, though -- Today is the day!  Today I'm going to match up my socks and rearrange my sock drawer!

Oh, sure, this may not sound exciting to you, but to me this is massively exciting.  Just think.  I'm going to be able to find a couple more pairs of socks to throw into the cycle.  I know that I have socks because the drawer is exploding with them.  They just need mates and some organization.

The whole process takes less time than I anticipate because once I dig deep enough, most of the socks in the drawer are already matched to their mates.  Still, though, I need to find an efficient way to tell the difference between the black socks and the navy socks when I'm still a bit bleary-eyed in the morning.

Suddenly . . . brilliance!

I decide that the most logical re-packing of the drawer means black socks go on the left, blue socks go on the right, and both shall be separated by the brown and other color socks that I own.  This isn't quite as OCD as I would like; black and blue are alphabetical, but brown in the middle throws off the alphabet.

In the end, it all works out: The sock drawer fits back into the night stand, the colors are organized, and I only have two socks without mates.  Oh, and I pick out a pair of black socks to wear, socks with a pattern knitted in (Who knew such foolery?), socks I haven't worn in months, socks I had forgotten I own.

Maybe tomorrow I'll take on the entire dresser.  Who knows?  I could have a brand new outfit for work on Monday without ever having to leave my bedroom.