Friday, April 28, 2017

BE GOOD TO ME, FRIDAY

It's Friday.  Damn good thing, too.

Lately I've had a lot less patience and tolerance for ignorance around me.  Okay, true, when have I ever tolerated that shit?  But now, instead of the momentarily delayed reaction of exasperated disbelief followed by indifferent flippancy, I go directly to RAGE: zero to sixty in a millisecond, sometimes so damn furious so damn quickly that it takes my blood pressure and foul mouth a fraction of a second to sync with each other, spewing forth the most gloriously indignant swear words anyone with an ear has ever heard, all fueled by my rapidly escalating BP.

Other drivers on the road receive my rage; unnecessary changes to my schedule feed my rage; technicians and work crews who do not show up or, worse, lie to their supervisors to avoid doing a job feel the burn of my rage.

Thank goodness it's finally Friday.  I'm afraid if I don't cool down this attitude with a frosty mug of something cold and refreshing, I might flap my mouth just a little too tartly at someone who may or may not deserve it, but will certainly be left with marks from the verbal beating I'll hand down, anyway, just because. 

Be good to me, Friday; I truly need it.