Tuesday, April 11, 2017

IMPROMPTU MONDAY PARTY

Impromptu party!

My sister is coming down from Maine for a quick overnight.  We have some family business to attend to, and she is going to hang out with me tonight so she can make it to an appointment near my house in Massachusetts first thing in the morning.

This means I will be staying up late, of course, because of cards.  Yup.  Cribbage and Rummy.  Maybe we will have time to throw in a quick game of Barbie, Queen of the Prom.  Or Yahtzee.  Perhaps Quiddler. 

Definitely Cribbage, though.  The more I practice, the better I'll get.  Of course, I'll never be good enough to take on my sister-in-law in New York, who is a Cribbage savant.  I have never seen anyone get nor play the cards as well as she does.  But, for now, every once in a while, I can beat my sister at Cribbage, so I know I'm doing something right; she always beat the tar out of me at Cribbage when we were kids.

Either way, I know we will have time for at least one game tonight after we are done doing what needs to be done before her meeting tomorrow. 

So . . . Impromptu party, people!  Nothing is crazier than a semi-wild Monday night of cards and reliving our childhood rivalry.