Wednesday, July 30, 2014

TRIVIA WIN

Tonight I attend trivia.

This is not my usual night, not my usual watering hole, not my usual format, and not my usual team.  This is a small team made up of my daughter and son-in-law and their friends.

Luckily, tonight's rounds are inclusive of many, many things, and , since we are a ragtag organization, our team has just the right combination of knowledge base.  We finish with a score that is 5 points higher than the nearest team.

The win doesn't mean anything except that now we have to defend our crown next Tuesday, if we are available.  We also get some Harpoon Brewery sawg.

So next time you ask yourself, "Who the hell cares what famous actress shares her first and last name with Shakespeare's wife?", the correct answer is Anne Hathaway.  (I believe the 1500's Hathaway was older than The Bard and also knocked up at the time of the nuptials, but that wasn't part of the question.) 

Some day when you least expect it, knowledge like this might earn you a brand new drinking glass, a bottle opener, and a koozie. 

You're welcome.