Saturday, July 26, 2014

MUD PACK SATURDAY

Saturday is becoming Mud Pack Day.  Last Saturday I participated in the Dirty Girl Mud Run 5k, and this Saturday I am signed up for the LoziLu Mud Run 5k.

Lest you mistake me for an athlete, let me just say that I'm in decent shape.  If the Zombie Apocalypse were to happen, I would be able to outrun the zombies for a block or two.  After about 200 yards, though, zombies or no, I've had enough of running.  A zombie would have to meet me at the corner as it will have shuffled and caught up to me, and I'd be still catching my breath when it shimmies up next to me to bite my face off.

These two mud runs are for women participants only, all abilities levels and all shapes and sizes.  In short, it's my kind of health event.  I know that most of these events are self-prospering sponsors and that they are in it for the almighty dollar, but at least some of the money from both races will be going to cancer research of various kinds.  Besides, it's all about fun. camaraderie, some healthy stuff, and scraping mud out of my eyes, ears, navel, and scalp for days and days afterward.

I'll give you the lowdown on both races eventually, but for now I will say that there is no way my sneakers will make it home after this race.  I'll donate them to the recycled sneaker pile as I leave the Bolton Fairgrounds, knowing that not only have I made a difference but my footwear has, as well.

Happy Saturday, everybody.  Here's mud in your eye... or mud in my eye, as the case may be.