Tuesday, July 29, 2014

HONESTLY TIRED

I'm going to be honest:

I AM TIRED.

In the last ten days I have walked/run two mud-filled 5k's, gone on several regular walks, attended trivia (a different one than usual), went grocery shopping at places other than Market Basket, swam at an impromptu pool party, headed into Boston for the Seafood Festival in the pouring rain, and moved around the supplies, furniture, and hundreds of textbooks in my temporary classroom.

Tuesday is full of all kinds of other activities: Drop the car at the mechanic, pick up a rental, then celebrate son's 21st birthday, which means I have to bake a cake and he has to get a haircut, pose for new license, get new license, have some cake, then go buy a drink (maybe not in that exact order).  Oh yeah, and I have to return the rental at some point.

On top of all that, the weather has been somewhat uncooperative.  Yes, it rained buckets on the Seafood Festival, but we've also had a microburst take out the tree behind the house, and I've been caught in four thunderstorms (not a fan).  Several of these storms spawned tornado warnings (and a tornado southeast of here that touched down in a shoreline community).  This unsettled weather makes me unsettled, and I don't like the clammy humidity that makes me sweat even when it's not that hot out.  I also discovered (as rain blew into my classroom) that the only way to shut the windows in the new room is to stand on the sill and ride the windows shut ala Spiderman on a glass elevator.

Oh sure, I still have several recent adventures to recount in the blog, adventures that I need to capture before they get lost in the jumble of other things, like sorting school files and getting ready for the class I have to take prior to school starting in a few weeks.  And there will be more adventures because I have a few more beach trips in me, I'm sure, and everywhere I go, crazy shit sticks to me like that rubbery white paste we used to throw at each other (and occasionally some geek would eat) in art class in elementary school.

But, in the meantime, I'm damn tired.  I'm thinking I have a day of snoozing coming on soon.  It should make for an interesting blog. Zzzzzzzz.  Seriously, you know me -- even when sleeping, I'm sure I can come up with something.  With my luck, the smoke detectors will all go off at the same time (has happened), or the neighbors will try having a hibachi fire inside their tent in the backyard (also has happened), or the auto repair shop will have a car fire and all the other car alarms will start beeping (also has happened). 

Like I said, crazy shit sticks to me, and, even though it makes me tired, it does make for a damn fine tale.