Monday, July 14, 2014

LOVE THAT DIRTY WATER

I love Boston.

Sometimes I toy with the idea of moving.  I can't move to Vermont or northern New Hampshire or central Maine or western Massachusetts because I'd be too far away from the ocean.  Sure, sure, sure; there are lakes and ponds.  But I'm an ocean girl at my heart and at my soul, and even if I don't go to the beach all the time, I desperately need to know that it's an option.  This is one of the main reasons that I love Boston; Boston is on the water -- the Atlantic, the Harbor, and the Charles.

Boston is also the cradle of Independence. Without the Boston politicians and their machinations, we may well have never had a revolution.  Being born on Independence Day, I feel kind of a special kinship with my Mother Country, which means I also hold a special affinity in my heart for Boston and its rabble rousers.

I love my Bruins (hockey) and have for decades, but I am also reasonably fond of the Cannons (lacrosse), the Revolution (soccer), the Red Sox (baseball), the Patriots (football), the Celtics (basketball),etc.  I am passably happy about several other teams in several other cities but not with the fervor one reserves for the homeys. 

I know I said "Film at 11:00" for my most recent Boston escapades, and I'll get to it ... tomorrow.  For today I just want to bask in the realization of how attached I am to this city.  It's not just about the accent or the fact that we say "wicked" all the time without it ever becoming wicked annoying, at least not to us.

Love that dirty water; Boston, you're my home.