Tuesday, November 27, 2018

TREE, BASEMENT, AND CHAOS

After the Santa Parade, it's time to buckle down and make sure the decorations are in order.  Well, as in order as anything can be when there is still chaos in my house thanks to the gas company.  I am, however, determined to give myself some seasonal normalcy.

The tree takes two weeks to set up completely.  I don't exactly know why, but adding the garland seems to be a stumbling block this season.  I suspect that I am hesitant because much of my basement is all over my first floor.  Christmas requires a certain order amongst its own chaos, so the added stress of unexpected gas company workers in my house at any given and/or ungiven time makes it difficult to commit to the season.

Now that the tree is done (not the room it's in, but the tree itself), I suppose I can be considered semi-committed, which is a big step considering the state of my home and my tendency to be a commitment phobe.  Not only are the ornaments on the tree, along with lights and garland, I have also put the ribbon angel on the top.

I think I can now safely conclude that Christmas is here ... or that I am ready for it to be here ... or just that its imminent arrival is going to be okay in the long run, basement chaos and all.