Saturday, November 3, 2018

ATTACK THE BANANA BREAD!

One of my students gives me a lovely gift bag for Halloween.

I don't believe that he is sweet on me.  I think he is genuinely thrilled to be doing so well in my class.  Honestly, he's doing all the work and completing assignments and using time with classmates to the best of his ability.

In other words, he is doing exactly what I expect, better than I hope, and miles beyond what I believe will happen.  He is successful because he trusts what I tell him, nothing more and nothing less.

As appreciation, he brings me a lovely Halloween bag with scented liquid hand soap, a candle, and homemade banana bread that is absolutely to die for (I eat it for supper in place of all else in my home).  Really -- it's that good.

These moments (the moments of surprise gifts and cards of appreciation) are what make my job worthwhile.  Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to attack the rest of that banana bread.