Friday, July 13, 2018

PLANTA-SKEVIDEKATRIAPHOBIA

A Friday the Thirteenth Update -- Massachusetts, July 13, 2018  (For Immediate Release)

This just in: Heliand has managed to keep several plants alive this summer.  Repeat: Plants are still alive!

Seriously, though, I did lose two plants that I bought about five years ago from WalMart for 90% off, but it was time for them to go.  They were fine until I re-potted them last summer.  I had the stupid idea that the plants would thrive in larger containers, that the roots must be strangling the plants.  I replanted them into large containers, then... Boom, boom; out go the lights.  Honestly, if I had to wager a guess, I'd say the plants killed themselves when they realized they'd be spending another summer with me and not back at school on my sunny (but unattended) windowsill.

So far ... my luck seems positive.  Even though it's Friday the 13th, I am apparently holding off bad luck for my plants.

Nope, nope, nope; no triskaidekaphobia nor paraskevidekatriaphobia for this girl.  I have a small geranium and two robust basil plants from Stop 'N' Shop, and a lovely planter of flowers from my sister, a gardenia plant, plus I have three inside planters of Golden Pothos plants.  So far, so good, but my luck cannot hold out forever.