Tuesday, July 24, 2018

MUDDY REMINDERS

I need to run errands. 

I have about a thousand things to do today, some of which I forgot about (like paying bills) when I moved the stack of important papers to a different location after rearranging the den to accommodate the desk I put together last week. I rush around in the morning getting stuff done: laundry, bills, packing for a short trip, watering plants, putting out the trash. Finally, it's time to run to the bank, the gas station, the post office, and the store.  I head out to the car and find ... dirt all over the inside of the car.

Oh, yeah.  Muddy Princess 5k.

I run back into the house, grab a towel, rub down the seats as best as I can, then fold the towel onto the seat in case twenty-four hours later it's still damp from my muddy behind.  I settle in and drive away, still noticing as I go splotches of dirt around the car's interior.

Once the last errand is complete, I am loading groceries into the back of the car when I notice something hanging from the bottom of my vehicle.  Oh, please.  I am about to drive two hundred miles round trip.  Please, please, please don't let there be something wrong with the exhaust or worse. 

I put away the shopping cart and approach the car, carefully peering underneath. Hanging off the car is a weed from the parking area at the mud run.  Even the car's exterior is reminding me that I made a huge mess (but had a huge blast).

Things to remember for next year -- check the interior and exterior for signs of nature I might be taking home with me.