Monday, May 30, 2016

THOUGHTS FOR MEMORIAL DAY

Memorial Day is the day we choose to honor those who died while serving in the American Armed Forces.  It is not Veterans Day, and, although a wonderful thing to do, thanking a veteran is not the intention of the holiday.

Several disgusting things happen this Memorial Day.  Cemeteries in California, Kentucky, and Virginia report various damages to military graves.  These acts of vandalism are despicable, unforgivable even.  The people responsible for this should be rounded up and dropped from the sky into some horrid country like Iraq or North Korea or Somalia.  Same thing with anyone disrespecting our flag.  Don't like America?  Get the fuck out.  We'll even help you.

Obama, who, in my opinion anyway, has been the worst excuse for a politician in my lifetime, is in Hiroshima apologizing for the US ending WWII.  Apologizing.  I mean, I suppose I can forgive him; he probably failed modern world history.  We already know he must've failed civics.  Oh, sure; let the president go to Hiroshima, but for the love of God, man, don't do it on (or near) Memorial Day.  That's a fucking insult.

Agree with me or don't agree with me.  I don't care.  The only thing I do care about on Memorial Day is honoring the fallen servicemen and servicewomen who lost their lives fighting for the belief that all humans are created equal, that they are all endowed with the basic rights of life and of liberty and of the pursuit of happiness.

Since they cannot speak for themselves, here's what I do have to say: Thank you for your ultimate service and godspeed.