Saturday, May 7, 2016

IT'S BREAKFAST!

It is one of those days.  Actually, it has been one of those weeks.  All day Tuesday I think it's Wednesday.  All day Wednesday, I think it's Thursday.  By the time Friday comes, I'm completely discombobulated.

State testing is next week, so I have copying and more copying to get done as soon as possible.  This means several early mornings this week, arriving almost an hour early, which could explain why I feel like the week should be over already.

While walking back and forth between my classroom and the copy room, I see a woman setting up tables in the open area between the science labs.  It takes a moment or two until I realize what she is doing.

Could it be ...?  Is it?

BREAKFAST!!!!!!!

The PTO is putting on a Teacher Appreciation breakfast for all of us.  There are donuts, bagels, coffee cakes, muffins, quiche, juice, and fruit.

I run back to my room and tuck away the copying that I've done so far.  I'll get back to it.  I mean, really -- there's FOOD.  This is awesome. It started out as a bad week, got worse in the middle, but now it's not so bad.  Now it's all chocolate chips and cran-grape with fresh strawberries on the side. 

If I can just figure out a way to make the weekend feel as long and drawn-out, I might be onto something.