Tuesday, May 10, 2016

MONDAY, SHMONDAY



Monday, shmonday. 

The alarm goes off too soon, it takes me too long to get lunches ready, I haven't really prepped a lesson for the day, and I don't feel all that well.  Actually, I'm quite surprised when I leave the house and realize that I'm running on time for a change.

As I'm driving to work, a huge dark cloud hangs low overhead even though blue skies are everywhere else.  The sun is (amazingly enough) shining this morning; there is hope it might be a decent day.  Just as I'm driving up the long road into the school lot, it starts to rain -- not hard, but big, fat, juicy plops that explode against the windshield.

I open the car door, grab my backpack, and decide there's no point in running for it; my hair is already all curled up, so it cannot get any worse.  This is when I look up.  I guess I have been so intent on pulling into any one of the hundreds of empty lot spots, that I don't notice the sky anymore, still grayish and part azure blue.

There shining brightly amidst the rain and the rays of sunshine, I see a beautiful, vibrant rainbow.  I grab my cell phone and snap a few pictures, but I'm not wearing my glasses, so I'm not even certain I'm pointing to the correct area of sky.

A coworker pulls into the lot behind me.  "Did you get the rainbow?" she asks.

"I think so."  At that moment, though, I'm not sure.  Later, with my reading glasses on, I can see that I did, indeed, "get the rainbow" and Monday did, indeed, just turn itself around.