Friday, January 31, 2014

SHEDDING MY SKIN



Okay, look.  It's like this: This weather is driving me out of my skin.

No, truly.  I'm not kidding.

It is so cold outside, and has been for so long, that every morning I half-expect to see a dog sled team where my car is parked.  I cannot even remember the last time I was warm. 

Me limbs are cold.  My core is cold.  I am chilly right through my bones.  

My skin itches.  It really is so cold and dry that whatever moisture my body is attempting to retain is being sucked right out through my pores.

My hair is so electrified that I'm starting to look like one of those static shows at the Museum of Science.  Every time I touch anything remotely metal, including the marker tray on the whiteboard at school, I get zapped halfway across the room.

There are only two possible solutions to this problem -- Either Spring needs to arrive early, or it needs to snow, and by snow, I mean dump wet, white crap all over this part of the world.  And no more of that Alberta Clipper fluffy shit.  We need the Nor'easter, wet, snowman-making snow.

It's winter; I understand this.  It's cold; this I also understand.  But, folks, if we don't get some humidity back into the atmosphere, I'm am going to jump clear out of my skin.