Friday, January 24, 2014

WINTER POETRY .... BAD, BAD POETRY

For today's installment -- Bad, bad winter poetry


COUPLET
Through the woods and over the river,
This deep freeze is making me shiver.

TERCET
It seems like it has been cold for weeks.
The Arctic air rushes in and seeks
Inside my car to freeze my butt cheeks.

QUATRAIN
Outside there is a crust of snow --
Thank goodness that I shoveled it.
The temperature below zero --
Winter time is full of shit.

CINQUAIN
Snow
White fluffy
Sledding skating shoveling
Freezing my ass off
Sucks

RIME ROYAL
When a blizzard comes to town
And the world is dusted white,
Don't let winter get you down:
Spring is coming, it's in sight
Making everything all right.
But for now the season slows,
And we all know that freezing blows.

HAIKU
When the snowflakes fall
And the wind picks up its speed
The power goes out.