Wednesday, January 22, 2014

UPDATING THE SNOW STORM AND THE S**T STORM

Snow Storm Update:  Hardly any snow; relatively tame up here; some dumbass ran the yield sign across from my street and caused an accident (probably blaming it on slippery conditions, but people run that yield sign all the time even when it's dry and sunny); school still on at the moment

Negative Outcomes: I have to clear off the car and drive to work with a semi-ripped, semi-frozen windshield wiper; I have to shovel snow.

Positive Outcomes:  It wasn't a blizzard; I wasn't involved in that accident at the end of my street.


Shit Storm Update:  Sent a curt email at work today because my idiot-o-meter finally blew off the charts; expected to be reprimanded; instead got invited to a training session that suddenly materialized after five months ... coincidentally the same day I sent a curt email about lack of training; not sure if I should pat myself on the back or prepare myself like a lamb to slaughter.

Negative Outcomes:  I have to face the people I emailed today with the "pardon me for trying, never mind then" comment; I have to sit through a training session; I have to shovel shit.

Positive Outcomes:  I finally get the training I have been complaining about since June; I didn't crash and burn so apparently I still have a job.