Tuesday, October 9, 2012

LET IT SNOW ... PLEASE



It snowed in the mountains yesterday.  People were skiing in Stowe.  I was south of Boston standing outside at a lacrosse event when the rain started and the temperature dropped so fast and so low that we could see our breath.

Normally these things depress me just a little bit, and that should be especially true this year since I was in school most of the summer and missed out. 

But I'm not depressed.

Two winters ago we had more snow than I've seen in a very long time.  There were snow banks so high that I couldn't pile it anywhere - I simply couldn't fling it that far into the air.  Last year it rarely (if ever) stayed cold enough to snow.  We had the great ice storm of Halloween … and that was about it.

So I'm ready.  I have new tires on the car, I have ice scrapers and a brush ready, and I have a new coat and pair of boots. 

Bring it, Mother Nature; bring your snowflakes and your icicles and your howling winds.  I'm ready and waiting.