Sunday, February 5, 2017

FEET ON THE FLYER

The good news is that today is Wine Tasting Day.  The better news is that my son and his girlfriend are going to meet me at my usual haunt.

We meet at the tasting station, grab our wine glasses, and pick up flyers off the counter so we can find out about the opened wines.  The three of us are a little over halfway through the tasting when I accidentally drop my flyer on the floor.  I reach over to get it, tug on the edge, and ... nothing.

A woman near me steps on the flyer, and I cannot get her attention long enough to have her move.  I stand back up straight and notice that my son and his girlfriend have witnessed the entire event, and this make us bust out laughing.

The sommelier gives us a curious look, so we clue him into what's going on.  I squat slightly, move my left leg out, put my foot onto the flyer, and attempt to tug the flyer from underneath the woman's foot.  All futility.  As a matter of fact, the woman pivots and plants both feet firmly on the flyer.

There is no way I'm getting that paper back.

The sommelier hands me a second flyer and we finish the wine tasting before moving on to the spirits table and to the register.  Leaving the store we notice the flyer is still on the floor, firmly under both of the clueless woman's feet.