Tuesday, February 14, 2017

CHOCOLATE WINE - DON'T MIND IF I DO

It's Valentine's Day -- that infamous day when you are considered a loser if you are without a significant other.  

Funny.  I don't feel like a loser, nor do I feel any great gaping hole in my life due to my current state of independence.  I also do not feel sorry for myself, nor do I pine away for that "special person" who might magically make my life whole by sending me a heart-laced card or buying me chocolate. 

You see, I have already treated myself to a little something: Chocolate-infused wine.

Yup, this wine is made with real chocolate.  It smells like chocolate and yet tastes very much like red wine.  But, with chocolate.  It's very difficult to describe.  To be honest, I've never tasted anything quite like it.  

The wine is from Washington state, a place where they know how to make a fabulous American wine.  This crimson-red wine has overtones of dark fruit and presents like a bold red blend.  However, and this is huge, it has dark chocolate overtones and whispers of cocoa.  It could very well be the drink of the gods.

It is Valentine's Day, after all.  I deserve something chocolatey.  For $10, I'm more than worthy when it comes to Chocolate Shop Chocolate Lover's Wine.  Best of all, I don't have anyone waiting at home to say, "Honey, wanna pour me a glass of that chocolate wine?"  Nope, this one is all for me.

The perfect combo:  Wine and chocolate, all together without any middleman.  Seriously -- don't mind if I do.