Sunday, August 21, 2016

WINE OF THE WEEK

I have to cheat a little bit this week.  I am on antibiotics for a respiratory infection, so I cannot go tasting this weekend.  This makes me sad because I miss my buddies Kurt, Samanta, and a chef. 

So, I'm going old school.  I may have already posted this one before, but there's still one bottle in my fridge.  I love this stuff because it is not a pain to open, does not pop and scare the buhjeezus out of anyone, and no errant cork will break anything flying around the room.

My wine for this week is a Proescco that comes in small single-serving bottles, just right for those times when you need a Mimosa or Bellini or sparkling drink without being wasteful.  It's a pleasant little bubbly, too, a 2014 Perlage Bacaeretto Prosecco, that, when I research it, also gets backed up with a 4+-star rating.

I have two more days on the antibiotic then I'm going to untwist this bad boy and celebrate being able to breathe again!