Thursday, August 25, 2016

EATING CAKE WITH THE MAYOR


We go to Boston Tuesday night
To listen to the Air Force Band.
The band is awesome ... dynamite,
We see them close (we're up firsthand).

We go to dinner on the wharf,
Seated close to the music stage,
After eating we go forth
With the audience we engage.

To our shock the music ends
Much earlier than most,
But this is when I and my friends
See just who is our host:

Oh, my God, the mayor is here!
I'm standing next to Mayor Marty,
When suddenly what should appear
A giant cake for this giant party!

Columbus Park is in fondant --
We hustle as they cut it.
Vanilla, Chocolate, whichever we want!
I am a big cake zealot.

We move right in around the cake,
Those others have no prayer.
Make absolutely no mistake:
I'm eating with the mayor!

We are so happy that we're fed,
We inhale all the frosting.
I am still scratching my head:
CAKE WITH THE MAYOR OF BOSTON!