Saturday, August 27, 2016

STINKY -- OH, WAIT, IS THAT ME?

OMG  I am sitting here writing my blog when the computer eats it.

No shit.

I have been sick for days, several of them spent unable to get much farther than my couch, and now my beautiful blog is gone.

The entire world is against me.

Okay, here's the gist of it.  I finally get out of my house today for the first real jaunt I've taken since dragging my lung-infected carcass to Urgent Care.  Apparently my sinuses are recovering because as I exit my last errand, which just happens to be Target in a rather remote location, I am quite literally knocked over by stench.  I honestly stagger, it is that bad.

There is a giant oily stink permeating the air that smells of freshly sprayed skunk and human feces.  At first I think someone may have left a diaper nearby, but it grows and grows until it's obvious this is no accidental little leakage.

It smells like a full septic truck hit a skunk.

This is the kind of aroma that sticks to one's skin and invades the core of the nasal cavities.  I cannot get to my car fast enough, but, when I do, a woman is parking next to me.  I cannot get into my front door.  I consider climbing over the passenger seat, it is that bad.

I finally get into my car, hoping the woman doesn't think that smell is coming from me, and also hoping myself that the smell is not coming from me.  I mean, I have been sick for a while now, though I did take a long hot shower last night.

The good news is that I have not had a hot flash in ten days because of whatever is gripping me.  The other good news is that my trip out today allows me to see a pretty decent sunset happening, so it's all good.

Give me a few days to recover, and I'll get back to the Montreal adventure.

PS -- This computer ate tomorrow's blog, too.  So much for perfection.  ;)