Monday, June 2, 2014

FINALLY

Ahhhhhhh. Finally.

Today it is in the 70's outside, maybe even 80.  I decide to sweep my patio (yet again).  The worm poop has slackened off a bit (and, yes, for you doubters, it really is inch worm shit, I'm not making this up), but everything still smells like cat pee outside.  The "experts" tell us it's dogwood (not one near my house) or white spruce (another tree not anywhere near the areas that stink when driving around with windows open).  It's worm pee, plain and simple.

Once the patio is swept, I wash off the chairs (yet again), dry them, set them up around the concrete, and settle in to read.  About fifty minutes later, I abandon the chair and settle onto my stomach.  By the time I move to the shade, I have put a little sun-color onto my arms and legs, and slightly over-toasted part of my back and my decolletage in front.

I'm not going to complain, though.  Even if it gets sore or bubbles, I don't care.

We see something today we haven't seen in a while.  It's called a thaw.  It is actually warm enough to go outside without a down parka, wool socks, and woven mukluks.  I am so inspired by the weather that I go to the store and buy a bistro set so eventually I can sit outside and work.

Next thing you know, I'll be investing in a gas grill and a small fire pit.  You know, as if I truly live here after about a decade.  (Hey, I like to settle in a bit, first.)

Ah, yes.  Finally.