Wednesday, September 5, 2018

ZEBRA SHOES

My daughter has been in the exact same "clean out your life" mode as have I.  She has pruned stuff from her life and has about ten bags of crap at her house that all need to go places.  Some of it will go to a collection box, some of it will go to friends, but the bulk of it is going to Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Then she tells me she is dumping shoes.

This makes me sad because my daughter has some bitchin' shoes.  There's one pair in particular that I love, love, LOVE -- Zebra shoes.  These shoes are heels with a zebra-like print on them.  I cannot believe she would get rid of these shoes because her feet look pretty damn good in these shoes.

In the midst of all this purging from both her home and mine, I receive a text from her: "Do you want the zebra heels?"

Of course I want the zebra heels, but I have big feet.  Even worse than the fact that my feet are long, they are incredibly thin.  They used to be AAAA width.  Now they're more AAA.  I have a hard time buying regular shoes, so there's no way these will fit me.

"They're size 8," she texts.

Damn.  My feet are size 8.  But still, I have that whole "narrow foot" crap going on.  I decide to take a ride over (she lives close by) and try on the shoes.  Like Cinderella with the glass slipper, I'm more of the evil step-sisters who will cut off toes and heels to fit into the coveted shoe.  I fully expect these shoes to be too short and too wide for me.

I get to her house and walk in, where she takes the shoes out of the donation bag and hands them to me.  I don't know, I don't know, I don't ...

Hot damn!

I'm like Dorothy with the ruby slippers.  I start admiring the shoes and their magical zebra powers.  Amazing.  Simply fricking amazing that my damn long toes and my damn thin feet can pull off these shoes.  I pack both shoes into the bag and prepare to take them home.

Home ... where I am trying to purge.  Oh, well.  I don't know what my other shoes will think now that I've cleaned out and am starting to hoard again, but I don't care.  It's not every day you get to put zebras on your feet and they actually work.