Saturday, September 15, 2018

WINE FOR WHINER

Being in the line of fire (literally) with the gas explosions causes not only agida but it also brings out the best in everyone.  I receive many offers for emergency housing (at 8:00p.m. on a weeknight!!!) and I have to choose.  My pal Sal has already changed sheets on a bed for me, and she works with me and lives close to work, so I choose her offer.

When I arrive, she tries to feed me.  I am not really hungry despite not eating since noontime, but she knows one thing I probably need: a glass of wine.  And another.  And maybe even another.

I sleep reasonably well for me, and I don't think I wake her family by getting up twice in the night.  The wine is helpful and leaves no residual effects, which is good, since I have to go to work early in the morning.