Thursday, September 27, 2018

DEATH BY OLIVE, AND OTHER HAPPY THOUGHTS

  • Hot plates given to citizens in the Red Zone of the gas explosions do not work.  Some start fires, and some only one burner works and the other burner is a slow, low heat only.  Pissah.  Thanks.  Thanks for nothing.
  • Gas company here again in my house to check meters.  How many damn times are you going to "check the meters"?
  • Gas company employees in the know (not connected to the gas company that effed everything up in the first place) say earliest estimate for gas/heat/hot water probably more like February with 47 miles of pipes to replace.
  • Tired of trying to piece together meals on a faulty hot plate and without hot water to even wash my hands, so I order a pizza from Bertuccis.
  • Traffic takes me an hour to go ten miles.
  • Pizza is sitting on counter when I arrive at Bertuccis.  Girl waits on two customers while I stand there for fifteen minutes, then she walks away.
  • "Excuse me.  I can see my pizza on the counter.  May I please pay for it and go?"
  • Harrrummmph.  Silent treatment; pissy attitude.
  • "Trust me. You may be having a bad day, but mine is worse," I say.
  • She throws my pizza at me, throws my change at me, and runs away.
  • I stop another employee.  "May I please have some rolls?"  He goes and gets them off someone's table.
  • Traffic is so horrific that I am forced to run a red light to get home.  Not to worry - two more cars behind me make the same desperate move.
  • The pizza is ice cold.  The rolls are ice cold.
  • I hope that bitch chokes on an olive.  Maybe even two.