Monday, January 11, 2016

IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL IT'S OVER

Christmas is slowly leaving my house.  Very, very slowly. 

Okay, it's migrating into the living room.  All of the decorations are making their way to a corner near the tree, which is still up.  I know it's past Epiphany, but I'd like to think I have more holiday spirit than the Magi. 

Besides, I have been so incredibly busy with school, the class I was taking, and life in general that I didn't get to enjoy a lot of the musical decorations.  Seriously.  Right now the Santa Band is playing its entire repertoire.  All twenty-seven or so songs.  It's great.

Sure, I would've taken everything down over New Year's if I hadn't been incapacitated with my hip and back being out of whack.  Today, though, no pain.  None.  I feel like a million bucks. But not a million bucks' worth of Scrooge ... yet.  No, not yet.

Therefore, Christmas lives on, albeit briefly.  All of the boxes are up from the basement, ready and waiting to be repacked and put away for another eleven months, and I'll start filling them up tonight:  Holiday glassware, some of the larger decorations, and the garland that donned the doorways. 

The tree lives on, though.  Sorry, but I'm in no mood tonight to fight with strings of lights.  Maybe tomorrow.  Maybe the next day.  Who knows.  A wise person understands her limitations, and I am, after all, full of more holiday cheer than the Magi.

That is MY epiphany.