Saturday, January 9, 2016

BANGS ARE BACK!

The bangs are back!

The hair is getting shorter, little by little.  It's still not as short as it's going to get, but some of my students don't like severe and unexpected change.  To be frank, most of the time I don't care for sudden change, either.  Over the next few hair appointments, I'll work toward cutting it right away from my face.  But, for now, anyway -- Be patient.  Once late-June arrives and brings the end of school with it, this long hair is history.  Back to a short cut.

A few years ago, I cut off all my long, graying hair because I looked like a crazy old creative writing teacher -- not that far from the truth.  I loved the shorter cut, but then two of my kids got engaged (not too each other), and I had to start growing my hair out for the weddings. Then, old habits died hard, and I kept growing it out.  I even tried growing out the bangs.

All I got for my efforts was The Return of the Crazy Old Creative Writing Teacher.

Tonight, I get some of that ratty, old, frizzy, Medusa-like hair chopped, and ... drum roll ... I get back my bangs.  Sure, sure, so my bangs will curl up on my in the rain and snow.  Oh. Well. Oh well oh well oh well oh well oh well.

I feel younger and look younger a tiny bit, but, most of all, my head feels a little lighter.  The bangs are back!  Long live the bangs.