Friday, January 15, 2016

ENJOYING THE WEEKEND, EVEN IF IT KILLS ME

Friday's here!  The long weekend is coming!  The whole world is my oyster.  This is going to be great!   This is going to be ...

Wait.

What's this?  A headache?  A stinkin' HEADACHE?  And why are my cheeks hot and why are my eyes burning all of a sudden?

No.  No way.  NO FAIR.

Over the holiday break for Christmas and New Year's, I hurt my hip and back.  Now, with the three-day weekend coming, I am starting to feel sick.

Come on, body; you owe me one.

Please.  Please, please, please. Please don't waste this long weekend being sick.  I have plans -- big plans -- NOBLE plans.  I'm going to finally put Christmas away (after reorganizing and putting everything in new storage bins) and work on the house.  Maybe, just maybe I'll read a book. 

 It's my time!  IT'S MY TIME!

The good news is that in an effort to kill my hip and back pain over the last two weeks, I now have a full stock of OTC pain relief and meds.  I have acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen, and aspirin.  I also have cough meds and chicken noodle soup and tea and honey and lemons.  If things really go bad, I also have heat wraps and lots and lots of Icy Hot topical cream that I can lather on to my skull.

I won't go down without a fight.  It's MY TIME, damnit, and I'll make the most of it.  I'm going to enjoy this weekend if it kills me.