Sunday, January 23, 2022

ANTI-MAGNETIC FRIDGES SHOULD BE OUTLAWED

 A friend of mine recently posted that her new fridge does not have a metal door front. Now, this isn't really anything new as plastic-like veneers are old-school for fridges, but even those old-school models had metal bases. 

How do we know this?


Magnets.  That's right: Magnets.

You see, my friend's new fridge does not hold magnets. Quite frankly, I find this shocking and ridiculously disappointing. What idiot fridge manufacturer produces an anti-fridge-magnet fridge? It's anti-American and probably some covert plan to drive us all crazy.

Think about it. 

Since Covid started, we have been confined for much of the time inside of our own homes. We have very little left that gives us joy as one can only do so many puzzles, only play so many games, only listen to so much music, and only watch so much television before we slowly start to lose our minds. 

One distraction is to play with fridge magnets. Little kids put magnetic letters on the fridge. Adults put magnetic calendars on the fridge. We put inspirational magnets on the fridge to make ourselves laugh and to keep ourselves sane.

A fridge with no magnets? That's just cruelty. It should be outlawed.

I have several fridge magnets (whittled down to "several" from "an insane amount no person should ever admit to owning"). In response to my friend's recent lament about her non-magnetic fridge front, I post a picture of several of my fridge magnets. Some are from travel, some from friends, and some from so long ago that I cannot even remember where I got them.

I do keep one prominent to remind me how to behave (most of the time), and, since this is an inspirational blog (stop snickering - I can hear you), I will share that wisdom with you:

"Today I will think evil thoughts and try not to say them out loud."

I suppose an "amen" here would be good. I will be honest with all of you though; when it comes to keeping my mouth shut, I can prewarn you that the possibilities are slim to none. 

Have a wonderful week, anyway . . . ya scallywags.