Sunday, December 5, 2021

TRULY BAD CHRISTMAS POETRY

'Twas the first week of Advent
And all through the place
I was making up lists
And prepping to race

From cyber to mall,
From website to store,
From wish-list to prayer.
I can't take any more!

The season just started -
I'm mentally done.
The stress and the pressure
Has sucked up the fun!

Honestly, Christmas
Is truly a blast.
I wish it were longer;
I wish it would last.

I'm not Ebenezer,
I'm not a Scrooge jerk --
This season would glow
If I just didn't work!

Oh, I'll pull it off,
If I do know me.
I'll make it through Christmas,
Just you wait and see.


I have my planned action;
I'm not being smug:
I'm drinking mimosas
From a Santa mug

And lighting the candles
In the Advent wreath,
Enjoying the tree
With presents beneath.

My head does exclaim
With a frightening heft:
Get your fat ass moving!
Three weeks are what's left!