Sunday, December 19, 2021

WE'RE WAITING


Here it comes. Here comes the snow.

Hard to believe since it has been so warm. The last couple of days have been in the fifties and sixties, practically bikini weather around here. How can it snow when we are all boiling in our own skins?

Today at work we have Ugly Holiday Sweater day. It's a great plan. After all, it's December in New England. We should be freezing our patootskis off by now. Instead, I sweat so much in my wonderful holiday sweater, giving credence to the SWEAT part, that I want to shower as soon as I get home.

Instead, I tear off the sweater and opt for a lightweight fleece so I can walk to the Amazon delivery hub and pick up some packages. It's a short walk, but even the light fleece is too much. It is still warm out. 

This is when I see it.

It's not a true ring around the moon, but there is definitely a halo. Old Wives' Tale or not, this is an indication of rain or snow coming. There are some reports that half a foot of snow is coming. The ground, though, just isn't ready. Nothing has frozen properly yet.  

Come on, snow. Come on winter. Our sleds, snowshoes, skis, and skates are waiting, and so are we.