Sunday, December 13, 2020

STAMPING MY WHEELS OVER CHRISTMAS

Things have been crazy for the upcoming holiday season. Every year I say I’ll be ready, and every year I’m not.  I make it to the final second then berate myself for never quite doing it right. I promise that next year will be better . . . and it isn’t.

I’m not sending many cards this year (sorry, folks), but I decided that I should probably get some Christmas stamps. I had a dozen left over from last Christmas, so I wanted to get a sheet or two more. Turns out, so does everyone else! No Christmas stamps to be found anywhere. (Remind me to do what I did last year: Buy Christmas stamps AFTER Christmas when the late-arriving USPS holiday stash finally arrives.)


I have the choice of flags. Yes, flags.

For crying out loud, haven’t you got anything else? I’m begging the woman – please. Please go look. Do you have Scooby-Do? (No.) Artistic  anything? (No.) Flowers? (No.) Children? (No.) So, what have you got? (Flags. I told you. FLAGS.)

What about those, I say, pointing to a bulletin board behind me. Oh, let me check, she says.

And just like that, my few Christmas cards are going out with Hot Wheels stamps. That’s, right, Hot Wheels. Like MatchboX, but faster.

Happy Advent #3 and merry almost Christmas. Vrooooom vroooooooooom!