Sunday, December 6, 2020

2020 HOLIDAY PREAMBLE

 

I’m trying.

Truly, I am.

2020 is just such a motherfucker.

The tree is up, though it took days and required assistance to decorate.

I actually hung a small wreath on the door.

I decorated the front porch with lights.

I made a list.

(I haven’t checked it twice.)

I washed the Christmas mugs and plates.

I lit the Advent candle.

I’m even bracing for the second snowstorm of the season.

(The first one interrupted Halloween.)

But, 2020.

Holy Hell.

As Christmas approaches, I can’t hold back the anxiety of January.

Yes, the approaching January.

The reality that 2021 will be a vapid continuation of this shit show.

Smile – laugh – be cheery.

Pretend – imagine – believe.

Deny – deny – deny.

2020 is just such a motherfucker.

Truly I am.

I’m trying.