Sunday, June 5, 2022

SOUR SUMMER

I love a good sour beer. That being said, it's not always easy to get a GOOD sour beer. 

I know, I know. You dang purists. You prefer your IPAs and good old American beers that put hair on your chest. I like some of those, too. After all, Sam Adams grew up in my neck of the woods, and I am remarkably loyal to his namesake brews, regardless of the fact that Paul Revere graces the labels.

But nothing -- not a dang thing in the beer world -- beats a decent sour ale.

I think this summer I shall make it my quest to sample as many sour ales as I can. Looking for recommendations all over New England and perhaps beyond of new or established breweries featuring good sour beers. 

While I'm at it, I do love blood orange beer, as well. They seem few and far between at local taverns, so help me out with ideas on brewers featuring those, as well. Maybe even . . . a blood orange sour beer. I know you're out there -- I've seen images of cans and bottles online.

Summer's coming and I going to make it as sour as I can.