Sunday, November 7, 2021

RANDOM THOUGHTS WHILE BEING HELD CAPTIVE IN MEETINGS

 A day of professional development meetings often leads to a wasted day of boredom. When the bosses show up in one of the sessions we are watching via Zoom, it means no fun, no work, and no laptops. Here are some excerpts from my random, handwritten musings.

  • I am so bored.
  • I am trained in every trick that has come down the pike since "I'm Okay, You're Okay"  (1967, by the way)
  • I've had dental surgery that was less painful than this.
  • (presenter starts coughing) Oh, you're choking . . . literally and figuratively.
  • Please, dear God, make it stop. Make. It. Stop.
  • I can feel my brain bleeding.
  • My skull is floating around trying to escape from this presentation.
  • I will continue to write until one of us passes out - My money is on the presenter.
  • Please stop telling us what a great coach you are. If you have to say it, then you're not.
  • Are you a Kennedy? Every other word is er, uhhh, huh, ummmm...
  • For chrissakes, they're "students" not "kids". I don't teach goats.
  • Another forty minutes? I'm totally going to DIE right here at this desk.
  • She said "tool" and "unit" in the same sentence. 
  • Send help.
  • Send reinforcements.
  • Send food.
  • Send alcohol.
  • Send chocolate.
  • I cannot even imagine being a student in this woman's class.
  • Duct tape. She needs duct tape. Across her mouth.
  • I can't make it. I can't. I'm gonna lose it.
  • Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz. My friends are all free from this Hell that never ends.
  • Feeling 7-Up, I'm feeling 7-Up.
  • The lights are growing dim, Otto.
  • Please. Send. Help.