Sunday, February 28, 2021

ON THE MOVE

 I’m moving again.

 I always knew this current place would be a temporary stop. The last two places that I lived before this place? Combined twenty-five years. It’s the longest I’ve ever lived anywhere. Yet, in the last two years, I’ve been itching for my more transient lifestyle.

 So, I am downsizing again on my way to either a cabin in the woods or a van on the road. Not sure which one yet. I have to live to retirement to find out.

 In the meantime, I was stellar at dumping stuff during my last move. This time I am working on things that are precious to me: Do I really need those rare books? Do I really need those spare bookcases? Am I ever really going to sew those masks now that it’s easy to buy the paper ones again and Covid-19 is down 78%?

 I’m still having a hard time parting with games, though. I must’ve been having a super-hard time with it during the last move because I have two complete sets of Scrabble; the 3-D board that actually rotates from player to player.


As you know from previous blogs and social media rants, no one wants anything. People literally cannot give stuff away. So, for two weeks, the extra Scrabble game has been sitting here, waiting for me to try and find it a home. But, I’m not crazy. I won’t fall for that “free” shit on social media marketplace ever, ever again.

 I may be a moron, but I’m no fool.

 I suppose if Covid-19 ever ends, I could use the Scrabble game at school. Yeah, I guess that’s what I will do. I’ll bring it to school to go with the Apples to Apples game and the other games and toys I have stashed away waiting for normalcy to return.

 Hopefully this stupid virus, much like my house-hopping, will only be temporary. Who knows? Like Covid-19, I’m rather unpredictable, too. That’s really not for me to worry about right now.

 Right now I have to pack boxes. I’m on the road again, and it feels lighter.