Sunday, September 6, 2020

IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE WEATHER . . .


Look, kids, I understand that you think it is fall. But, it’s not. It’s still summer until mid-late September. Furthermore, I understand and share your angst about 2020 and wishing it to speed up and be over already. I get it.

However, it’s September 6th, okay? The sixth.  06. Any way it is written, it’s still NOT fall.

So, what’s with the snow blowers and the pumpkins?

Home Depot, it’s okay to have Halloween displays out. That makes sense. But, really. Fresh pumpkins with fifty-five days (and counting) to go? With summer still raging on? With green leaves still securely on the trees?

I certainly don’t expect pools to be on the sidewalk out front, but, I have to be honest with you, I wasn’t expecting this. So bear with me if I have a tough time not so much with the pumpkins, but with the snow blowers for certain. That’s just a slap in the head, if you ask me.

Enjoy the dog days of summer and prep for second summer when it arrives after the fake first fall. After all, this is New England. If you don’t like the weather . . .