Sunday, September 8, 2024

SCHOOL - IT'S "GO" TIME

School is in session! 

I'm going to have a positive attitude! I'm going to rock it so hard this year! I already have my rosters printed out, my seating charts done, and my first few days of handouts all copied and hole-punched. 

I'm ready!

Or, so I believe.

The rosters change at the last moment. This means that the seating charts change. We cannot access the part of the website that we need for our team meeting. The three professional development sessions are less than professional. The copy machine is being temperamental, and someone walks away and leaves it jammed. We're short-staffed. The tech department failed to properly open the date to begin start-of-year assessments. Five minutes before the students walk down the hall for Day One, I experience a sudden and somewhat debilitating ocular migraine.

In other words, it's business as usual here in the middle school. Bring it. Let the games begin!