Sunday, August 20, 2023

SUMMER PUMPKIN ALE

This summer has sucked
Unless you like rain.
My basil plants don't -
They view storms with disdain.
When it's not raining,
Quite rare through these days,
It's hotter than blazes,
Cooking brains into haze.
It's reaching the point
Where we all pray for fall
Because summer has passed 
Without summer at all.
I've been to the pool,
And I've hit the beach twice.
Generally speaking,
The weather's not nice.
But autumn is coming,
Maybe rain's in the rear.
Time for sangria
To change into beer.
So as summer wanes,
Let us all lick our chops
Because now's the time for
Those pumpkin-soaked hops.
That's right! There! I said it!
May the sun strike me dead --
Because Wednesday I drank
My first fall Pumpkinhead.
Now it's official!
Sucky summer shall fail!
We've broken it out:
Pumpkin spiced ale!