Sunday, November 13, 2022

TOLD YA SO


I don't know who ordered this weather, but, for the love of all things sane, please make it stop.

I am sick and tired of this November heat wave. Some of you think this is the greatest thing since Betty White, but I'm telling you, this weather is crap and I hate it.

I'm ready for the snow. I'm ready for the cold. I'm ready for pre-warmed car seats and I'm ready for windshield scrapers. I'm ready for my heat to be on and for my fireplace to be lit. I'm ready to see snowflakes flying. 

Instead, I see plants blooming and rose bushes covered with colorful flowers. People are walking around in t-shirts and shorts. Windows are open in cars and in houses. Humanity and nature are both totally and completely whacked out by this ridiculous temperature behavior.

It's plus-70 degrees . . . and everyone is so happy. Except for me.


I'm trying to get into the holiday spirit, and this whole back-to-summer garbage is just frying my head. Plus, my allergies are back in overdrive. Air conditioning is off at school, and it's stuffy as hell in that building. I can't properly dress myself because what is appropriate at 7:00 a.m. will be completely overly-dressed by noontime.

I'm glad you're all happy. But, when the snow starts flying and the ice storms knock out your power and your holiday plans are ruined and you lose your big toes to frostbite, don't come crying to me. I'll just chuckle and say, "Told ya so."