Sunday, April 5, 2020

WEBINARS, OH, WEBINARS

Webinars, oh, webinars - How fickle you may be!
If I turn on video, my messy house you'll see,
You will see me yawning when I'm in your company
Because these endless webinars will be the death of me.

Everyone complaining that their kids are home from school.
Now it's not so funny when at first they thought it cool,
But now a lot of parents find their kids their homes do rule.
(Welcome to the life of teachers, innocent old fool!)

So now I'm stuck in webinars as this has all unfurled.
(Oh, dear God, I know now why I left the corporate world!)
In these endless cyber-meets my thoughts are blurred and swirled;
I must make sure the mic is off when expletives are hurled.

Now that I've gone incognito, life again is grand!
I can sew, or bake, or pee while in this cyber land.
I post a comment or go live when given the command
To make it seem these webinars are things I understand.

Meanwhile, I participate and I do not begrudge
Presenters who know more than I. (Who am I to judge?)
But if I start to snore you might just send a text to nudge,
And I will trade you with a piece of webinar-made fudge.